Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fall Check List

I think the Fall 2010 shows are all about the strong woman. Designers were mixing really structered outerwear with very pretty, feminine things underneath.

Here are some of the looks that stood out to me...


  • Camel - Chloe


  • Black - Donna Karan



  • Fur - Proenza Schouler



  • Simplicity - Stella McCartney



  • Man meets woman - Dolce & Gabbana



  • Tailoring - Jil Sander



  • Texture - Thakoon



  • Layers - Viktor & Rolf



  • Leather - Louis Vuitton Style


  • I love and die for what Marc Jacobs did for Louis Vuitton. I would wear everythings in that collection. It was so beautiful and feminine and yet so sexy.



    If I had to choose one designer that I'd have to wear for the rest of my life it would be Stella McCartney. All the pieces were just so easy. You could throw any of them on in a hurry and look wonderful. I love the minimalism of the collection.



    Narciso Rodriguez did wonderful things with the way he mixed different colors. I thought it was an interesting collection. His coats were marvalous.



    Being that I myself am still a school girl, I wish my unversity required mandatory dress code which would consist Proenza Schouler's collection. It was the most chic school girl I have ever seen. They managed to make it sexy and not Hit Me Baby One More Time cliche.


    Going back to the man I started with, Marc Jacobs is just on a roll. For his own collection shown in New York, he presented more romanticism. It was a dorky, confident, sexy girl.

    3 comments:

    1. I like your breakdown of the trends seen on the runway and the designers that stood out in brining out those trends. I also love how passionate you were when presenting about Marc Jacobs collection. Now I want to go to Paris too!

      ReplyDelete
    2. god i love chloe...can we get rich now please, thank you

      ReplyDelete