Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What's Going on in the World of Fashion



FRANCE - This is what I'm talking about! Non airbrushed April issue of Marie Claire. This girl is beautiful, why would they airbrush her?! I remember my little sister always used to say how she thought she needed to lose weight, and I always told her she's brainwashed. I think everyone is beautiful exactly how they are made. Although, from a business perspective I can absolutely understand why airbrushing is a must. Airbrushing sells because it's what people want to see. So basically for there to be any sort of shift from airbrushing to all natural, society must want it first. I'm so glad to see we're making baby steps (baby hamster steps).

ITALY - Why dear heavens that be??!!! If you haven't already heard, Madonna is collaborating with Dolce & Gabanna on sunglasses. As if we don't have enough shit (pardon my French) out there in the market. She has a Dolce & Gabanna ad campaign out right now, isn't it ever enough?! No, but seriously, who wants to see more over priced garbage a celebrity slaps her name on?! Not I!!! I'm done before I break my exclamation point button.


MEXICO - Hell to the yes! Isabeli Fontana the love of my life I would turn gay for you supermodel in 3 f'n D! I can't find this Vogue Mexico issue ANYWHERE!!! I went to the Hollywood and Wilcox newsstand where I was unsuccessful finding this issue. On the bright side I left with a Russian Vogue, picked up Wing Stop, and got chauffeured to get a mani/pedi. My second attempt was on a trip with Luba to Book Soup on Sunset and Holloway Dr. which has a newsstand on the side. The newsstand guy said that apparently it's difficult to get Vogue Mexico, which he finds just as odd as I do. But anyway, Lub's and I had a delightful time inside searching for a planner, looking through all the cards, and getting lost in all the books. It's people like us that they make 30 minute parking limits for.



MOSCOW - I don't know if I'd be like a deer caught in the headlights or if I would run the other way, but this man bikini thing is not the business. I need to have a talk with this Slava Zaitsev and ask him why in the world he draws his inspiration from Borat. Of all things, really. It would be interesting to see what guy would actually wear one of these. Any takers?GERMANY- I want my MCM too! Well, I already have one, but I want the Alda Tambourine bag to add to my collection. It's so exciting to hear that MCM is on the come back. I'm not huge on monogrammed bags, but I can make a few exceptions. I didn't even know they were still around for the longest until I saw their ad for Bloomingdale's. The first time I heard of the brand was when my parents came back from a trip to Germany and brought me back one of their bags. It's been love ever since.


PARIS - Ever since I started reading and learning about fashion, which wasn't that long ago I guess, I've always loved Yves Saint Laurent. Just saying his name is cool. I think YSL will never be forgotten. The Petit Palais in Paris is holding a retrospective of his works. That must have been so amazing to put together, but equally amazing to go and see. It's running through August 29 which gives me plenty time to sell my soul for a plane ticket to Paris. I'll let you know how that goes. TOKYO - This is the future you guys. Here is one of Tae Ashida's designs for astronaut Naoko Yamazaki. Ashida designed a mini collection for Yamazaki who is going on a 13 day space mission. I wish it looked more like The Fifth Element wardrobe Milla Jovovich rocked, but I suppose this will do for real life.
TOKYO - This would be exciting for about 10 minutes, and then I'd start to get claustrophobic. There are something like 123 of these Don Quijote stores, which are basically like a general store. Don Quijote has everything you can imagine, and would probably be cool for gifts. Lauren Sherman of Fashionista went there and found the luxury floor where you can snatch up a second hand Hermes for like $4000. Sounds pretty good, but you still have to have $4000 bucks and that ish better be in good - great condition.
UK - I love museums + I love fashion, therefore these exhibits on clothes are amazing. Well expect for the minor details which are their locations. This exhibit, yes you've guessed it, on Grace Kelly's wardrobe is being held at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London. I've been looking to study abroad in London for the summer, but unfortunetly the cost of a one month program can pay my rent here in LA for about half a year. USA - Last, but definitly not least, I want a pair of these Missoni Chucks. What a freakin awesome collaboration! I am a black and white, sometimes grey, kind of person, but this would be the most perfect way to incorporate a little pattern into my life. Forget the white Converse hightops on my list of desired goodies, I want these!!! My birthday is in July people...feel free :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment